Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Losing You

Losing you.........
   is like losing my heart
     it simply means
           that I'm falling apart.
I feel the nearness of departure
   and fear that we'll be lost forever
For my arms are growing oh, so cold
  and there'll soon be no one here to hold.
For I'm losing you..........
   and it's like losing my way
       it simply means
            that I'm fading away.
I called out to you one day
  I'm still awaiting your reply.
There's nothing left for us to say
  Guess, this is our goodbye.   
For I'm Losing you...........
    and its like losing my breath
        it simply means
             I'm now bereft.
You once touched and softened this heart of stone
  now I'm hardened, and all alone
My journey to love, is at its end
   for I've lost the will to ever love again.
This first cut would be the deepest for sure
  what I'm left with has no cure.
Is once a mended heart, now left in two
  and a lifetime memory
                                      of Losing You................

Copyright ©2010 by Keisha de Verteuil

No comments:

Post a Comment